A Dinner for the Entire Family
I often struggle with finding and creating meals that are low carb, easy on the calories, and also something my kids will eat. We often try new menu items on a regular basis and it is exciting when one of them makes it to the “list”. Our “list” has all of our tried and true recipes and I am happy that I can put these low carb fajita peppers on.
This recipe has it going on! The dinner is colorful, flavorful, and is easy enough to make on a busy week night. And trust me when I say you can make this on a busy night, because we have to do homework, eat dinner, and be ready to leave by 5:30pm on almost every night of the week! There are many ways to change the original recipe up as well! So here is what you need:
2lbs fajita steak, sliced in lengthwise strips
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch chili powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 bell peppers, washed, seeds removed, cut in half or quarters
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 tomato, diced
Coconut or olive oil
1 cup shredded organic cheese
1. Mix all spices in a medium bowl. Place raw meat in the bowl, stir to coat.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and drizzle olive oil over pan and bell pepper slices. Start baking bell pepper slices for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a medium pan and sauté beef until cooked to desired doneness. Remove meat.
4. In the same pan, sauté onion until it’s soft. Turn off the heat, and stir in the chicken and tomato.
5. Remove peppers from oven at 10 minute mark. Stuff the pepper halves open side up in the casserole dish. Fill each pepper with meat mixture and cheese. Bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Flare it up by adding:
Enjoy! This recipe is low carb, but can be made lower by using green peppers.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to my email for more recipes, tips, and help with life!