Dinner on the Fly
Amazing, delicious, easy, and cheap! What is not to love about a Buffalo Chicken Wrap? This recipe takes about 25-59 minutes depending on your method of cooking the chicken.
I like to make this on Monday’s (I am just wiped out on this day and hate to cook much on this day) or when we have sports and we have to be out of the house in record time. If you are pinched for time, cut your vegetables the night before and store in containers in the refrigerator and opt for cooking chicken in the crock pot during the day.
5 Celery Stalks chopped
3 Roma tomatoes diced
1/2 cup Buffalo/ hot sauce of choice
1/4 cup Crumbled blue cheese
2 Tablespoons olive oil
6-8 Romain lettuce leaves or corn tortillas
Optional: Ranch dressing
*2 Ways to cook chicken: season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
– cook in crock pot on low for 6-8hours
– cook in oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked
1. Once chicken is cooked, shred chicken
2. Add olive oil to pan and heat. Then add celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken and 1/2 cup of sauce to celery. Heat until warmed through.
4. If you are using tortillas, place on a pan and put in a warm oven to soften. About 5 minutes.
5. Assemble the wraps/lettuce leaf with buffalo chicken mixture, blue cheese, tomatoes, and topped with a drizzle of ranch if preferred.
My younger one doesn’t like Buffalo, so I usually shred a cup of chicken and set to the side for her to use as a regular chicken ranch wrap.